2012 Postseason Snotrockets
Madison Bumgarner is 23 years old and has 2 World Series Championship rings. Sounds about right.
Here are Bumgarner’s SNR (snotrocket) totals for the 2012 postseason:
2012 National League Division Series (vs. Cincinnati Reds):
- 4.1 IP, 6 SNR ― 2 vs. lefties, 1 vs. righties, 3 other. 2 pre-game and 1 double SNR.
- Bumgarner’s most prolific inning was the 1st in which he blew 3 snotrockets.
2012 National League Championship Series (vs. St. Louis Cardinals):
- 3.2 IP, 7 SNR ― 0 vs. lefties, 5 vs. righties, 2 other. 1 pre-game, 1 at-bat and 2 double SNR.
- Bumgarner’s most prolific inning was the 2nd in which he blew 4 snotrockets.
2012 World Series (vs. Detroit Tigers):
- 7.0 IP, 4 SNR ― 0 vs. lefties, 3 vs. righties, 1 other. 1 pre-game SNR.
- Bumgarner’s most prolific inning was the 7th in which he blew 2 snotrockets.
The NLDS was broadcast on TBS and the NLCS and World Series were both broadcast on Fox. This probably affected Bumgarner’s snotrocket totals somewhat as both stations have even more questionable camera work than CSN Bay Area, which broadcasts most of the San Francisco Giants regular season games. TBS and Fox cameras focused too much on the batter’s box and the dugouts (where terribly long in-game interviews with various players and coaches were conducted). CSN Bay Area cameras often seem more interested in what funny hats the fans in the stands are wearing than what’s going on down on the field.
See you here next year for more exciting snotrocket action.